Wednesday in TCI
Now maybe the active morning is enough for you and you just want to chill by the pool or beach for the rest of the day. But if you want to see more, check out some of the suggestions below to fill your day:
Use your Ports of Call Resort discount at Caicos Wheels and rent a car, scooter or bicycle for the day to get to some of the must-sees’ outside of Grace Bay!
- Smith’s Reef (6.8km away) – some of the island’s best snorkeling (snorkel gear can be rented from Dive Provo, in our plaza)
- Coral Gardens (4.2km away) – We suggest heading here in the morning when the water is very calm for some of the island’s best snorkeling. You will most likely see turtles and an array of other sea life. (snorkel gear can be rented from Dive Provo, in our plaza)
- Conch Farm (5.3km away) – the world’s only conch farm
Note – If you do rent a car, you can definitely visit all 3 of these and more! Head towards Chalk Sound Point where you can see some of the island’s most stunning views. While in this area, you can also drive around and see where the locals live . On the way home, stop at Bugaloo’s between 1-4pm for live music and a bite to eat!
Get a day-pass to an all-inclusive resort! For approximately $100 USD / pp, head to one of the two all-inclusive resorts on island, Beaches Resort or Club Med and experience this type of vacation style for the day. While this may seem pricey, consider all of what you can get out of it – unlimited food, drinks, entertainment, water sports / land activities, and more!
And hey, if you’re one of the people who need to do it all, who says you can’t do one of these on another day? And if you can’t fit them all in, then all the more reason to come back to the island!
Ports of Call Resort:
- Poolside Bingo 4pm (prizes to be won)
- Head to Somewhere on the Beach (same location at Coral Gardens for snorkeling) for some of the island’s best fish tacos while listening to live music
- Live music starts at 7pm (take a cab from the resort or use a rental car / scooter; approximately a 7 minute drive)
- Skip the cab and walk to dinner at one of the many restaurants in Grace Bay then head over to Danny Buoy’s for live music (600m walk from the resort)