WHY TURKS AND CAICOS IS SAFE TO VISIT
EVEN DURING THE COVID CRISIS
- • The island’s small population (42K) along with its smaller resorts, non-crowded beaches and restaurants allow for proper social distancing
- • Strict new cleaning and safety procedures at all hotels and businesses
- • Mandatory entry requirements for all visitors
- • First Class Medical Facilities
- • Reliable Testing Centres (in light of new CDC guidelines)
TO ENTER THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
- 1) All visitors age 2+* are required to take a COVID-19 test in their country of origin within three (3) days of their arrival date. Results are to be uploaded to the TCI Assured Authorization Portal up to 24 hours of island arrival. Accepted tests are as follows: RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Tests), NAA (Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests), RNA or Molecular Tests and Antigen Tests
Children under 10 are exempted from this requirement.
*Up to January 21st, 2022, children aged 9 and under are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result to enter.
- 2) All visitors to the islands must have COVID-19 specific travel insurance that covers in country medical treatment, the cost of quarantine, and repatriation/medevac (if necessary). Within 72-hours of arrival, proof of coverage is to be uploaded via the TCI Assured Authorization Portal (platform will provide a certificate of completion that will be required to present upon arrival to the island).
See list of TCI Assured’s suggested insurance providers here.
- 3) In addition to the above mentioned steps, visitors age 16+ will be required to provide proof of vaccination with the second shot taken over two weeks prior to traveling, or one shot taken over two weeks prior for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The TCI Assured portal will accept proof of vaccination in the form of a digital or paper copy of proof of vaccination (unless exempted under the regulations).
Important information if a traveller is COVID-19 positive
Prior to Island Entry
Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test result taken within 3-days of island arrival will be denied entry to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Please let us know if this is the case prior to arrival and we’ll be happy to modify or cancel your booking (non-direct bookings will have to contact the company/agent used to book).
While on Island
Should a traveller contract the COVID-19 virus while on island, the traveller will be required to isolate at their own expense for a period of 10 days and undergo a COVID-19 mandatory test on day-7 prior to release. Early release may be requested on day-5 with proof of a negative test. Where a parent or responsible adult having charge of a child under the age of ten years is required to be placed under quarantine the child shall also be required to be placed under quarantine together with the parent or responsible adult.
Finding the Right Travel Protection Plan
While we do not recommend any particular Travel Insurance company, the following providers offer coverage required for entry by the TCI government.
COVID-19 TESTING IN TURKS AND CAICOS
SAME-DAY ANTIGEN TESTS RESULTS
PCR TEST RESULTS >48-hours
In light of many countries now requiring travellers to have a negative covid-19 test taken within days prior to returning home, Turks and Caicos has secured multiple locations for visitors to get tested and receive results within the necessary time frame.
Click here to view a list of testing centres
Our Cleaning and Safety Precautions
- • The use of New Electrostatic Cleaning Machines that instantly kill viruses on all surfaces. Rooms, apartments and villas are sprayed the morning of your arrival and all common areas are sprayed several times each day. As well we have assigned a specialist to deep clean each room after the housekeeper has completed their daily cleaning.
- • Several hand sanitizer dispensers are available around the hotel.
- • All staff that interact with guests wear face masks.
- • Tables, lounge chairs and beach lounges are positioned 6’ apart.
For more details on what you can expect as a visitor, click here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations Office.